- Jan 25, 2017
Swissport is hiring Full Time and Part Time Bus Operators at JFK and LaGuardia Airport!
COME TO OUR HIRING EVENTS
JFK International Airport • Building 151, Room 300 • Jamaica, NY 11430
DATE: February 1, 2017 Cabin Grooming – Ramp-Cargo Warehouse Tractor Trailer drivers- Fuelers – Bus Operators -10:00am – 2:00pm
DATE: February 16, 2017 Cabin Grooming – Ramp-Cargo Warehouse Tractor Trailer drivers- Fuelers – Bus Operators -10:00am – 2:00pm
DATE: February 28, 2017 Cabin Grooming – Ramp-Cargo Warehouse Tractor Trailer drivers- Fuelers – Bus Operators -10:00am – 2:00pm
Job Interviews on the spot! Ask about our Health Benefits & 401K!
*If you cannot attend the hiring event please Apply Online
The Bus Operator will be required to deliver a high quality product/service to our customers and the traveling public.Effectively delivers a customer driven product and promotes a safety culture.
- Maintain applicable safety and performance standards.
- Develop and build good relations with customers and Airport Authority.
- Report irregularities and take appropriate action.
- Perform Daily walk around inspection on Buses.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with the all employees and our customers.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the bus is mechanically sound and that all required equipment is in working order.
- Operate a bus in a manner consistent with safety, using defensive driving skills and techniques.
- Report delays and accidents in the manner outlined by Company Policy.
- Complies with local and State traffic regulations.
- Completes all required training and operational paperwork correctly, completely and within the time frame prescribed by the Company Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to, handle, or feel, ascend, descend ladder, crawl into a confined space, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The incumbent is frequently required to sit. The incumbent is occasionally required to kneel, crouch or stoop, push or pull. The incumbent on occasion may lift or move, push or pull up to 75 pounds, and/or more frequently lift or move 30-50 pounds, and constantly lift or move 10 to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Qualifications and Competencies
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with 0 points in the last 3 years
- Must have 6 months of CDL driving experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively before employees, customers, and visitors.
- Strong oral and written communications
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- This work is performed outside and the employee must be able to deal with all types of weather conditions.
This position requires you to work evenings, weekends and holidays. You must pass a 10 year background check, criminal history check and pre- employment drug screening.
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now! Search for Job Id: 1613304
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.