- Jan 26, 2017
St. Joseph Home is hiring for a RN/ LPN job in Cincinnati,OH
St. Joseph Home is an intermediate care facility serving individuals with severe profound developmental disabilities. We are currently looking for a full time, 3rd shift RN/LPN to join our Nursing department.
PT 1st Shift, 12-20 hours per week, hours between 6:00a-6:30p, Every Other Weekend Required.
The RN/LPN assists the Nursing Supervisor/Manager in providing resident care committed to St. Joseph Home's mission and high standards.
- Interacts with, provides care for, and remains alert to and interested in the changing needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Administers medications, treatments, and tube feedings, draws blood, and performs assessment accurately and in allotted time frame as ordered, and documents pertinent medical information thoroughly, accurately, and timely.
- Communicates with nursing, direct support staff, and programming, as well as physicians, families and pharmacy, regarding developments concerning residents and staff.
- Demonstrates competence in safe lifting, positioning, and physical assistance to and transferring of individuals, including appropriate responsiveness to emergency and evacuation procedures; participates in required drills.
- Promotes a positive culture and acts as a model of gentle teaching and non-violence while monitoring the safety and health needs of the individuals we serve.
- Provides indirect supervision and monitors the work of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) and volunteers. Troubleshoots in assigned cottages. Documents concerns on appropriate forms and submits to Nurse Supervisor/Manager.
- Draws blood for ordered labs as needed and documents accordingly.
- Gathers information, assesses areas of concern, and thoroughly completes resident unusual incident (UI) and major unusual incident (MUI) reports. Reports UIs and MUIs to appropriate individuals timely. Works closely with Safety Coordinator on follow-up as requested.
- Exercises discretion and respects individuals’ rights to privacy, dignity and freedom from abuse; maintaining confidentiality of information as required by HIPPA and SJH policy.
- Attends and participates in meetings and in-services as directed or required to keep current on latest care models.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed by the Ohio Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Successfully complete and pass knowledge assessment and skills demonstration. Good organization, communication and computer skills.
- Flexibility of schedule is required in order to meet operational needs.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team while developing and maintaining professional relationships in the workplace.
- Applicant must be self directed and motivated. Must have ability to remain calm and use good judgment.
All St. Joseph Home Employees are expected to demonstrate the highest degree of integrity and ethics in performing their duties, and relate program mission and procedures to the general public in a positive manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and must be able to read and write with good comprehension. The employee is frequently required to bend, kneel, stoop, climb, reach, push, pull, stand, walk, carry, and grasp. Employee must be able to frequently lift 50 lbs. independently or with another staff up to 120 lbs. and push/pull up to 250 lbs. General physical agility required. Occasionally requires sitting, use of manual dexterity and hands for keyboarding and other administrative tasks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work is primarily indoors but may include external settings for meetings, conferences, activities, events and outings. Work hours include but not limited to any day, shift or hour including holidays based on scheduling and operational needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. Job may involve sitting or standing for extended periods. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job can be fast paced and is often subject to varying and unpredictable situations; may occasionally handle emergency or crisis situations; is subject to many interruptions. The employee may be exposed to bodily fluids, viruses, disease and infection from the individuals we serve.
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
St. Joseph Home employs more than 200 caring people who work in nursing, direct care, active treatment, physical and occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, nutrition, psychological services, environmental services and administration. If you are looking to make a difference each day, consider a career with us.
To be eligible to work for St. Joseph Home, each applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of High School diploma or GED, and be able to show proof upon hire
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Pass criminal background check and drug screen
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Joseph Home does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran military status, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.