- Feb 14, 2017
Gear for Sports is hiring for a Novice Finisher job in Lenexa,KS
Work Hours: Sun-Tue, 5PM-5AM
Summary: This position is responsible for inspecting all printed garments, reporting errors, and packaging finished garments.
- Obtains pre-price tickets for orders as required.
- Verifies work orders for: ship and cancel dates; art ID numbers; art size; art type; art location; correct garment styles; correct ink colors and compare findings to Manufacturing Production Sheet.
- Verifies order with Pre-Price tickets.
- Verifies garment style/size/color when attaching Pre-Price and hang tags according to the operation description steps on the job routing page.
- Signs employee number next to the operation performed on the job routing page.
- Layout garments and prepares orders for production.
- Assists with filling out scrap form and places scrap in designated area.
- Assists other Finishers with garments as needed.
- Verify quality of decoration and quality of garments.
- Helps other Finishers pack, weigh, and document as needed.
- Maintains an efficiency of at least 100% after training period.
- Complies with GEAR’s attendance policies; Reliable, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Regularly demonstrates GEAR Vision and Values.
- Demonstrates dependability by following instructions and responding to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates quality by being accurate and thorough. Continues to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Encourages safety procedures by using equipment and materials properly. Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, climb, reach with hands and arms and stoop regularly.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, but may occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Works near mechanical parts
- Noise level in working area is moderate
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred, but not required.
- Minimal computer skills needed
No certifications needed
Click the “Apply Now” button to complete an online application now!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate. Other duties will be assigned as needed.
GEAR for Sports is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - we desire priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing as well as participate in E-Verify.