Food Service Aide
- Allison Park,PA
- Jun 14, 2019
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Concordia at Rebecca Residence in Allison Park offers personal care or long-term nursing care. Nestled in front of a 52-acre backdrop of woodlands and picturesque landscape, our beautiful location has a rural feeling, but is just a half hour away from the shopping, restaurants and culture of Pittsburgh. We strive to hire excellent people at Concordia - and keep them as well!
The Food Service Aide is responsible to assist the Food Service staff in all aspects of food delivery to assure that quality food service is provided at all times
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- ServSafe certification preferred
- Must have basic math skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with preparation, cooking, and baking following special diet orders and direction from the Cook/Baker.
- Assists with setting up tables, waiting tables, taking orders, serving food and beverages, bussing tables, cleaning/sanitizing tables, and washing dishes
- Keeps work area clean and sanitary at all times including cleaning pots, pans, utensils, kitchen equipment, etc. Sweeps and mops floors.
- Assists in orientation and training of new food service personnel as requested
- Reviews work orders and menus to determine type and quantity of food items required. Prepares necessary advance preparation items, including freezer pulls and items needed for the next day
- Transports hot and cold foods to and from the kitchen
- Understands and follows all Federal, State, ServSafe, and other food service regulations including maintaining required documentation
(EX: logging food, freezer, refrigerator, dishwasher temperatures)
- Commits to high ethical standards and complies with the Code of Conduct, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards, and Concordia policies & procedures. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee records and information.
Has a duty to report compliance concerns, significant legal risk questions, fraud, abuse, suspected or actual misconduct to a supervisor/manager or to the Corporate Compliance Officer.
403(b)/401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Life Insurance Policy
Direct Deposit, Pay Card, Paperless Pay Checks
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Good Working Conditions
Excellent Staffing Ratios
Vacation, Sick & Personal Days
Discounted Child Care Services on the Cabot Campus
Voluntary Benefits, including: STD, Supplemental Life Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Accident Insurance
On the job training
Employee Assistance Program
Education Seminars and In-services
Employee Activities (amusement parks, professional sporting events, special events)
Tax Sheltered Annuities
Discounted Meal Plans
Benefits and Wages may vary based on facility location.
Minimum hours worked per week/status may be required for certain benefit eligibility.